Web Scavenger Hunt Lesson Plan Worksheet
Blog or Wiki Address: http://www.avhstrack.com/blog
Subject Matter: History
Grade Level: 10th
Learners will demonstrate knowledge and the understanding of, locations of Allied and Axis powers, Theaters of Operation, Turning points in the War, political resolutions, and geographic regions and factors.
Subject Matter Content Standard: (California – http://www.cde.ca.gov/be/st/ss/index.asp).
World History, Culture, and Geography: The Modern World
10.8 Students analyze the causes and consequences of World War II.
3. Identify and locate the Allied and Axis powers on a map and discuss the major turning points of the war, the principal theaters of conflict, key strategic decisions, and the resulting war conferences and political resolutions, with emphasis on the importance of geographic factors.
The following websites may help you answer the questions in your scavenger hunt.
1. Digital History – http:// www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/modules/ww2/index.cfm
2. History.com – http:// www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii
3. BBC – History: World War Two – http:// www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/wwtwo/
Student Research Questions:
- How where the Allied troops going to use Geographic location to their advantage, in the D-Day invasion and how did the Geographic factor hurt the invasion.
2. What was the role of General Eisenhower in the European theatre?
3. Who where major Allies to Germany in WWII and there leaders?
4. Who where the major Allies to the United States and there leaders?
5. Who was Winston Churchill and what was his role in WWII?
6. What where the Theaters of Operation in World War II?
7. What was the main Campaign in the European Theater?
8. What was the main Campaign in the South West Pacific Theater?
9. What was the Naples-Foggia Campaign? When did it happen and who was involved?
10. How might the World be different if Germany had been victorious in WWII?